Image Map

Monday, May 25, 2009

Tryin' a new 'do ...


Just for fun, when Welsey woke up from his nap (therefore being groggy and relatively slow-moving), I took the opportunity to try a few twists in his hair. He has wonderful, soft ringlet curls and I was curious if I could separate them into little sections, and twist them together. This took me a little longer than 5 minutes, but definitely less than 10 minutes. I spritzed his hair with water and rubbed in a leave-in conditioner. Using a small, wide-toothed brush, I separated his hair into small 1"x1" sections and twisted them. I'm not sure how they will last through the night while sleeping, but they have stayed in place all day, and they are so cute.

Jayden, who always asks me to cut his hair as soon as it gets long, looked at Wesley's hair and said "Mom, me too?". We'll have to grow his out, but I'm game to give it a try.

We had a great holiday weekend! The weather was perfect and we spent lots of time outdoors. We camped in the backyard, had a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Wistrom, we tried fishing (with no luck), and practiced our golf swings in the back yard.




No comments: