Image Map

Sunday, January 1, 2012

... that's how I want to see each new day

.

What better way to spend Christmas and start the New Year, than taking a few days off to spend with family on Sanibel Island, Florida.  The kids weren't missing the snow this year, but they made a snow(sand)man anyway!


We usally go to Sanibel Island in the summer, but we decided to keep things interesting and go over the holidays.  The weather was truly perfect, 80 degrees with warm sunshine during the days, and crisp cool evenings that required a cozy sweatshirt over our sun-kissed skin.



We are so thankful to be able to spend Christmas and usher in the New Year with those dearest to us!  My entire family (my parents, my brother and his family, my sister and her family - shown above) and Jay's parents (shown below) who were also in Florida!



Today we have had a quiet, restful day at home and I began editing some of our Florida photos.  As I reflect on this last year and look forward to 2012 ... I came across this picture of Wesley on the beach on Sanibel Island.  We woke early each day so we could be on the beach during low tide.  There were several mornings when we were able to see the sunrise.  One of those mornings, Wesley was ahead of us as we walked down the sand path to the beach ... and just as he emerged from the tall beach grass, the sun peaked over the watery horizon and he threw his arms into the air and welcomed the new day with the exuberance and joy of a child ...

... that's how I want to see each new day with it's many blessings and mercies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a beautiful time- Fun memories!