Image Map

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Things Kids Say ...

Wesley is 6 years old and in kindergarten.  Lately he's been pondering things like age and what things will be like when he's a "big kid".  He was a little disappointed, I think, to discover that being in kindergarten does not entitle him to all the privileges of a big kid.



He's at the age where if I call him babe or baby, he responds with a twinkle in his eye ...

"I'm not a baby". 

"But you'll always be my baby just because you're the youngest," I say. 

He responds, "Then you need another baby because I'm big!"




He recently asked, "Mom, how old are you?" 

When I told him, his eyes went wide with shock and he said, "WHOA!!!!  YOU'RE BIG!!"




On another day, he sought me out with this question ...

"Mom, when you get old will you be my grandma?"

"No, I'll still be your mom.  But someday you will have a wife, and you two will have kids, and she will be the mom and you will be the dad."

He pondered for a moment, shook his head and with a bit of disbelief said, "That's gross, right?"




And then there's my personal favorite ...

"Mom, when I'm in college, IF you're still alive, do I have to ask you when I want to go to the park?"

No comments: