Image Map

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Fish Aren't Laughing Anymore!

We spent a lot of time at the lake this summer. 
In Minnesota, we have 10,000 or so lakes to choose from. :)









Wesley LOVES to fish and he'll ask nearly every day, "Today we go fishing?"










And if you're going fishing, that means someone has to put the worm on the hook ... and someone has to take the fish off the hook. 

Anyone that knows me personally, knows that I'm not squeamish.  I've waded into murky, dangerous-looking water to catch a tiny turtle for the kids.  And I've been known to catch a few snakes with my hands if the kids want to see one up close, or if our neighbor is tired of being surprised by one in her hose box.

But after awhile, I got kindof yucked out about the sticky meal-worm juice on my fingers after piercing countless of their plump, squirmy little bodies with a hook ... only to have the fish slurp it off the hook without even touching the hook.  I was pretty certain I could hear the fish laughing at me from below the dock.

So I went looking for something else in the refigerator and discovered another type of bait that they couldn't slurp off the hook with ease. 



 (frozen corn)


Then Wesley caught fish after fish after fish after fish ... and lived happily ever after.  

No comments: